Monday 4 May 2009

Xbox Live Points


Why does anyone buy Xbox points from the xbox dashboard when they can be purchased elsewhere for cheaper. But the point I really wanted to make is the fact that spending points doesn't feel like spending actual money. I can't recall how many points I must have spent and wasted on live but if they were actually a price to pay I probably would not have bought them. I worked out that I have spent £80 plus on rockband alone not to mention the 35 arcade games I have bought and the countless downloadable content. The problem I have is I buy 2100 points for 1 arcade game or downloadable content and then spend the rest on rubbish.

I think that 27 out of the 35 arcade games I have bought I would not have bought if it was real money rather than points. The only arcade games I think were worth it were.

Rez HD
Castle Crashers
Peggle
Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
Geometry Wars
Geometry Wars 2
Braid
and Turtles the arcade game

I would recommend these games to anyone although turtles and castle crashers are great fun when you have a few mates and a few beers. I now hear that turtles in time is coming out I can't wait.

I have always been a street fighter 2 fan since I was a teenager and used to shove pound after pound in the machine. After the farce that xbox/capcom released of street fighter hyper fighter (which was the first game I ever bought a points card for) I was not looking forward to it but after been tempted by the points not pounds things I invested in it and It kept me going until street fighter 4 came out the best thing was the move were slightly simplified so that they could be pulled off on the shitty xbox controller.

Geometry wars is one of the only games that has really made me competetive against my friend striving for that high score. I only played 1 or 2 games every day for months but got better and better at it and they are my most prized achievements because I never thought I would get them. I got every one on the first game over the space of 6 months for some people they may have been easy but not for me.

Let me know what your favourite arcade games are and why.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment