Wednesday 6 May 2009

Atari Screw Europe With Ghostbusters !


We in europe get screwed so often its a wonder why we bother. I remember when the PS3 was supposed to be launched I had pre ordered it and then they announced they were giving the european stoke to north america I was so annoyed that that same day I went out and bought my Xbox 360 and never looked back.
I do have a PS3 but the xbox get so much more use. I have 60+ games on 360 and 6 or 7 on PS3. Just the fact that I like achievements and the live service is so much superior. That's not to say Microsoft don't screw us over with realeases, gamer pics and themes etc.
But I would never have bought a 360 if they had launched as planned and the 60 games x £30 average would have gone in sony coffers plus money for all the extra I wouldn't have bought (wireless adaptor, 2nd controller, plug and play charger, street fighter 4 joystick oh yeah and I am on my 3rd xbox all of which I bought rather than repaired)

What I am referring to today is the news that ghostbuster will not be coming out on 360 and wii for some time yet as its going to be a PS3 and PS2 timed exclusive. Thats bad enough but then I read its in Europe only and in north america it will be coming out as planned. I for one will be making a stance and not buying this game full stop. For reference here are some links.
The only way we can make ourselves heard is to show we are not impressed with it by closing our wallets or purses. I think this maybe the last straw for Atari, a company that has not been doing well as of late now will lose a lot in lost sales as most people don't have both consoles (exluding the wii as a serious gaming device) and I for one will be happy.
Atari are video game legends but I am finished with them and race pro and alone in the dark are getting traded in tomorrow (other atari published games). Let me know how you feel about the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment